[Pann] The two different types of idol rappers

Pann: Characteristics about idol rappers

1. Appointed the rapper position because they're actually good at rapping (titled 'rapper')
* Has over 2 minutes of parts in songs
* Participates in producing + has a lot of interest in producing in general
* Writes most of their own lyrics
* Fans try to gain more fans by hyping their rap skills

2. Appointed the rapper position because they're bad at singing (titled 'rap position' instead of 'rapper')
* Has less than 2 minutes of parts in songs (usually in the intro or after the first verse)
* Lyricist writes their lyrics for them
* Although technically the rapper, fans try to gain more fans by hyping their looks and personality instead
* Usually the group's main vocalist or other non-rapper positions are able to rap even better than the rapper once given the chance

--

1. [+341, -60] As soon as I read #1, I thought of BTS and BtoB, and as soon as I read #2, I thought of EXO, Twice, and Red Velvet ㅋ

2. [+274, -21] *Twice rap lyrics* Hoo wait a minute I'm finally getting a call hoo!

3. [+179, -18] With my bias group, the rapper member is in the first category which makes me feel proud ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The rappers always write their own lyrics and they even sing well too, so proud of them!!

4. [+126, -12] *Chanyeol's rap* Lee Soo Man ceo-nim, I'm sorry! Let me do some hip hop for you! Mother f*ck!!!!! Let me swear a bit too!!!! My fans will lose it once they hear this rap~~~~!!! Make money make money!!! Hundreds of more than other idols!!!

5. [+111, 0] Honestly the second category of rappers ruin songs for me ㅠ

6. [+79, -17] BTS rap line is definitely the first

7. [+79, -4] As for female idols, I think of LE for the first category! She has a lot of rap parts in EXID's songs. There are barely any girl groups that fit in the first category but I can think of LE immediately.

8. [+77, -0] Ugh for real... at least be like Girlfriend and not have any rap parts at all if you're in the second category

9. [+73, -4] Third category: you joined the company to sing but your company forced you into being the rapper

10. [+48, -0] Yeri, Dahyun, Irene, Sehun, who else is there in that second category

11. [+38, -2] BtoB's rappers Ilhoon, Minhyuk, and Peniel are great at both singing and rapping~

12. [+30, -1] Lee Minhyuk's a good singer but the team had too many vocals already so he switched to rapping, which he's also good at (he was technically the main vocal before debut)

13. [+28, -2] The first category is people like Zico and Song Minho, no..?

14. [+24, -3] I don't think Yeri has a voice for rapping. Chaeyoung does decently well but people underrate her skills because she has the same parts as Dahyun ㅠ

15. [+23, -0] I was reminded of Wendy in that last category. I was so shocked when I heard her rap because she's the main vocal but her rapping is actually really good ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-